Well, here we are! The year is drawing to a close. Thank goodness! There has been a lot of sad news, hasn’t there? I couldn’t believe it when my man and I walked in the door this morning after our morning walk and the girl told us that George Michael had died. I went to see them in concert with two of my school friends when they came to Melbourne. So ace! We sang, we danced, we screamed! And Fast Love was playing on the radio when my man and I were driving to hospital when I went into labour with my boy. Vale, George. Thank you for your music and your gorgeous looks.
But whilst many big things have been going on in the world this year, it is the small things that make up our days that build a picture of our own life. These are a selection of the happenings that have made my 2016.
- Renewed my fondness for a G&T
- Watched my girl in her last school musical
- Achieved my Goodreads reading challenge goal
- Read a lot about US politics
- Supervised hours of driving practice with my girl
- Scored my first night time babysitting gig!
- Used a sewing machine for the first time in years
- Ate eggs for lunch A LOT! New year’s resolution – expand the lunch menu repertoire!
- Applauded the writing in season 4 of Please Like Me. I don’t have anyone like the characters in the show in my circle and yet they are all so relatable and authentic to me. And how good is Debra Lawrence?
- Made my last school lunch
- Enjoyed weekend coffee with my man and stealing bites of his lemon crepe!
- Despaired about Brexit, the US election result, and the general disregard for expert knowledge
- Helped out at a crafty day for refugee women
- Knitted a monkey for Softies for Mirabel
- Knitted scarves and cowls for a wintry holiday
- Started the year enthusiastically but ran out of puff towards the end
- Pulled lots of weeds out of my garden
- Had lovely real life catch ups with online buddies
- had a facial
- Looked forward optimistically to 2017!
I hope your year has formed happy memories for you. Maybe you have reacquainted yourself with some old pleasures? Maybe you have had some new adventures? Perhaps you have waved goodbye to a stage of life? I look forward to us sharing our 2017 experiences with each other!